To increase student retention, instructors can add examples within assessment questions. Instructors can add a specific example to show for an assessment item, or instructors can add a link to direct students back to an example from the text.
- In Edit Mode navigate into the assessment question you wish to add the example to. At the bottom of the question you will see a box that says Add Example.
- If you'd like an example to show under the question when students select Show me an Example, simply type your example here.
- If you'd like the example to contain a link back to an example in the text, please follow the directions below.
- In Edit Mode navigate to the area in the content containing the example.
- Click next to the example and insert and Anchor
- Highlight a small portion of text at the beginning of your example, then press the link button.
- From within the create a link popup, select the anchor you created and click OK.
Save changes in content edit mode, go to content view mode.
- Right click and copy the link you just created (Copy Link Address).
- Navigate back to the assignment question you wish the example to be linked to.
- Add the copied link to Example field
- Save changes