You can create instructor-graded questions on Quiz or Test assignments.
- Choose a question type
Click the drop down menu to select one of the instructor-graded assignments.
- Short answer and short essay questions
Note: Both question types are handled the same way.
- Enter the question in the first box.
- Enter an optional example in the second box.
- You may add a point value for the question on the top of the form
- Click on the Live button for the question to be accessible to students. If you would like to hide the question from students, turn the Live button to Not Live status.
- Once your question is complete, click the Add button
Note: Short answer questions limit student responses to 500 characters. Use the short essay or file upload for questions that require more than 500 characters.
- File upload question
This type of question is created in the same manner as a short answer question. With a file upload question, students will be given special instructions about what types of files are accepted.
- Student view for short answer, short essay, and file upload questions
- Template question
This is a unique question type in which you may insert a table for students to respond within.
First, type the details of the question in the space provided.
Note: Students will be able to interact and complete the table presented in the question, but will not be able to edit the question field (top part).
You may add an optional example and give the question a point value. Once you have created your question, click the Add button.
Below is an example of what a Template Question can look like from the student’s perspective.
The content in green shows the student’s answers.