You can create fill-in-the-blank questions on Practice, Quiz, or Test assignments.
- Choose a question type
Click the drop-down menu to select Fill in the blank.
- Edit fill in the blank question details
- Enter the point value for the question
Click the drop down menu to choose whether to include a word bank.
Type your question. Use any of the available tools in the editor. Every place you want to show an answer box, type a reference word surrounded by square brackets.
You may add an optional example.
5. Once you type your question, the reference words will appear in a drop-down menu.
6. Choose a word from the drop-down menu and add all possible answers using ** to separate acceptable responses. Type optional feedback for each answer.
7. If you want to have a word bank, choose “yes” in step 1 of these instructions. Once you select “yes”, a box will appear below the drop-down menu. This is where you will add all words to be included in the bank, separating each word with ** as described in the instructions.
8. Once your question is complete, click the Add button on the bottom right of the page.
- Test your new question for accuracy
Click the Q.A. tab and answer the question various ways to ensure that there are no flaws in the question.
Note: If there are multiple blanks in a single question, the points will distribute proportionally with the number of blanks a student gets correct.