You can export grades from all assignments, a group of assignments, or an individual assignment.
- From the homepage select EXPORT GRADES
- Click on the Export Grades button (it should already be selected)
- Click the drop down menus to select the Section and Data Type.
- Next, click the drop down menu to choose to export to Canvas.
You may filter by content area and you have the option to check all, uncheck all, collapse all or expand all to choose one assignment, multiple assignments, or all assignment grades to export.
- Select what grades you want to export and click the Export to CSV button
- Find and click on the file on the bottom of your screen
This CSV file is an Excel file that holds the data you are about to import into Canvas. You should review the data to see if it looks correct. Here is an article that tells you more about how the file should look.
- Save the CSV file to your desktop
- Now log into your course in Canvas and Click on Grades
- Click the drop down menu next to Actions and click Import
- Choose the CSV file you just created and click Upload Data
If all the data matches the assignment names found on Canvas, then click Continue.
More than likely there will be a message like the one below.
In that case, just click on the choose assignment drop down menu for the assignment(s) that don’t have a match and choose a location for those grades. You have the option to have Canvas ignore an assignment or you can have Canvas create a new assignment.
- Click Continue
You will be able to view the grades about to be imported. You will look to see if the data looks correct.
- Click Save Changes
You have now successfully uploaded grades from Odigia into Canvas.
If your organization has opted to have an Advanced LTI connection between Odigia and your Canvas course, Click Here to learn how to easily pass grades from Odigia into your Canvas gradebook.