Instructors may create a discussion assignment in each Concept of the course.
To add a discussion assignment, follow these steps:
- Go to the Course Edit mode
- Navigate to the Concept where you want to add the discussion assignment
- Click the 'Enable Discussion Activity' button at the bottom of the page
- You will see the following options:
- create their own discussion posts and comments?
- answer specific questions when completing this activity?
Create their own discussion posts and comments?
- Enter the number of Posts and/or Comments the students will be required to create within the Concept
- Save changes
Note: In the example below the students will need to create a minimum of 2 posts and 1 comment to complete the activity.
Answer specific questions when completing this activity?
- Create a question. Each student will need to comment on your question at least once to complete the activity
- Save changes
Note: You may create as many questions as you want. Each question will require at least one comment from each student.
Students will see the discussion activity task when reading a Concept
- Course Outline
- Activity Feed
Note: If you do not see the 'Enable Discussion Activity' checkbox in your Concept, please contact an Odigia representative via this support form.
Important: If you decide to make changes to the requirements after some students have already begun adding Posts and/or Comments, you will be informed via notification. The changes to the requirements will only apply to students who have not yet added Posts or Comments.