You may add assignment settings on an individual assignment or you may add them all at once within the Settings area. Please go to this article if you want to add settings to all of your assignments in one location.
If you would like to add settings (Due Dates, Release Dates, etc.) to an individual assignment, first navigate to that assignment within your course outline.
If you are not already in Edit Mode, click on Edit Quiz or Edit Test in the top left, just below the Course Title.
In order to see the Settings options for the assignment, click on the word "Settings" below the assignment title in order to expand the setting options.
Now you have access to add the following settings to an individual assignment.
The following is a description of each setting area:
1. You may add a Release Date. You MUST choose a date AND time for this section to populate. (Your students will see the assignment, but will not be able to attempt it until after the release date.
2. You may add a Due Date. You MUST choose a date AND time for this section to populate.
3. You may choose to randomize the quiz or test so that students get the questions in a different order from each other. You also have the option to show a certain number of questions from the assignment to each student so that each student potentially has a different assignment. Please read this article for more on Randomization.
4. You have control over when students may see answers to an assignment. You have several options (see below). The default setting is "Immediately after the Due Date".
5. You may add a time limit (in minutes) to assignments. If you leave this blank, there will not be a time limit applied to the assignment. If you have students with accommodations who require additional time on assignments. please read this article.
6. You may allow students to have two attempts on quizzes (this option is not available for tests).
Note: This option is not available for assignments that include instructor graded questions.
Read this article to learn more about assignments.
7. You may allow students to submit an assignment after the due date by checking the box to the left of the word "Allow".
You may choose a date to limit how long an assignment can be submitted. If you leave that date box blank, students may submit the assignment whenever they want.
8. You may apply a penalty to an assignment that is submitted after the due date. Enter the point penalty in the given box. Notice that the assignment's total number of points available is listed under the penalty box.